please follow this link:
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
We hope you will join us this Thursday for Mom's and More. We will be discussing Lesson 2 and hearing from Cheri Shank on being a Mother-Friend.
We'd like to include a beautiful excerpt from our study:
The Bible includes no more beautiful story of mother-daughter friendship than that of Ruth and Naomi. During good times and bad, they stuck together and supported each other with advice and love. Read through the entire book of Ruth in One sitting (late at night when everyone is asleep, if you must) to get the full flavor and impact of this wonderful story. When you get together with your small group, work through the questions on page 28-29.
We look forward to sharing a wonderful morning tomorrow. Also, please take a look at our Service Opportunities page later today, we will be posting some service ideas for your lifegroups.
Your Life Group Leadership Team
Friday, February 13, 2009
Welcome back to our 2nd session. We are in a wonderful season. We are looking forward to a fantastic season together. This semester we will dig deeper into friendships. It is our hope that you would walk through this study "Gaining & Being a Friend" deeply this semester. We hope you will take the time to read through each session prior to coming to our meetings. We pray that God's Word would speak to each and everyone of you through this simple, yet deep study.
We've updated several areas of our blog. We have posted service opportunities that we hope you, as a lifegroup, will consider participating in. We have also posted some information on our TLC site regarding a youth group that is starting for children/teens with disabilities. And, finally, if you have any recipes that you would added to our Mom's Diner, please follow the link and e-mail Daiana Leedom your recipes.
The new calendar has been posted on the sidebar (click on it to view or print). You will be receiving an e-vite for the events outside of the bi-weekly meetings.
We look forward to seeing you on 2/26 when we hear from our Speaker Janice Hankins on Friendships. Please come prepared by completing Session 1 of our study. Just a tip from me....I keep mine in my car and I do it while I am waiting for my kids to come out of school. It's perfect for us moms who don't have a lot of time, but want to dig deeper. We know you can do it and we look forward to sharing this wonderful experience and study with you.
We wish you all a wonderful Valentine's day as you celebrate your loved ones.
Your Life Group Leaders
We love because He first Loved us. 1 John 4:19
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
We pray that you are able to slow down and enjoy this blessed season as we celebrate our Savior's birth!
Just a few reminders for this week:
- We've got our last meeting this Thursday 12/11 - Life Group #6 will be providing the meal for us this week.
- If you are blessing Samaritan's purse with a shoebox, please remember to bring your boxes this week.
- This Thursday evening is our serve opportunity to work in the Samaritan's Purse Warehouse (please see the link on the right for more information) from 7 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Be sure to work on lesson #6 - You are Beautiful - in preparation for our meeting this Thursday!
- Sunday 12/14 @ 7 p.m. We will be enjoying an evening out together in Old Town Orange...more details to come!
Finally, if you do not have a church home, we invite you spend the Christmas Season at Calvary. Please CLICK HERE to find more about our Christmas Services.
We look forward to sharing our last meeting with you!
Merry Christmas from your leaders!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
What a great time of year to be a mom!!! With Fall in full swing and the holidays just around the corner, we all appreciate reminders. So, this post is to remind you of a few things that you may need to know:
1. This Friday, November 7th from 7-10pm, Jen Seltzer will be hosting Craft for a Cause at Calvary Church. The group will be meeting in WC 209 to sew, knit and scrapbook. Bring your materials and your tools to work together and make new friends as well as learn how your crafting can help others in need.
2. Our next meeting is November 13th. We will be talking about the JOY of friendship.
3. At our next meeting, we will also be showing a short video clip describing Operation Christmas Child. Read more about it at www.samaritanspurse.org.
4. Moms & More is providing a Thanksgiving Dinner with all the trimmings for single moms and their children who attend Single Moms Fellowship at Calvary Church on Wednesday night, November 19. If you signed up to bring an item to share with the women, please bring it at the appropriate temperature by 6:15pm to Room WC 209. Dinner will be served to the women and their children before the kids go to programs at 7pm.
5. For those of you interested in taking your children to learn more about Operation Christmas Child and serving others around the world, Family Day at the processing center is Monday, December 1.
Reservations can be made for any time between 9am and 7pm. The program targets children 2-12 years old and lasts 2 hours with 4 different stations to do activities with your child. The center is located in Santa Ana at the 405 freeway and Fairview exit (2803 Yale Street, Santa Ana, CA 92704 near Calvary Chapel).
Moms, call 714-432-7030 and make a reservation for you and your children to attend. It is a GREAT experience, but fills up fast, so call today. It is a wonderful and hands-on way for you to think and talk about where our JOY really comes from at Christmas time.
6. Each year, the worship department asks the women of Calvary to help decorate the Worship Center for Christmas. This year, we have been invited to help decorate in the North Hallway of the Worship Center during the following times: Tuesday Nov 11, 9 to noon-ish Thursday Nov 13, 12 to 2 pm And probably again the followingTuesday Nov 18, 12-2 pmThursday Nov 20, 12-2 pm Please RSVP to Nicole if you are able to attend or if you might be in need of childcare to attend. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 714-973-4800 x 356. It is always so fun to see what women can create!
7. Finally, a Mom's Night Out has been scheduled for December 14th to enjoy cupcakes at Orange Circle's new Cupcakery and then take a walk around Old Towne Orange and enjoy the Christmas decorations. Bring a friend, a scarf and some cash for cupcakes and coffee. Any questions, email Becka at email@example.com.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Janice updated the Finding Joy Link a few weeks ago. If you have not had a chance to read her post, I would definitely suggest taking a few minutes to do so right now! Thanks, Janice.
Also, we've added a "Classifieds" page.
Looking forward to a wonderful meeting tomorrow morning when we hear from Jane Sheeley as she talks about "You are...Mom" (Lesson #2).
Life Group #3 will be bringing our hot breakfast! Thank you, in advance, for preparing our meal for us!
Monday, September 29, 2008
We will be meeting at the Andrews' Home at 9 am....
You can venture through Peter's with your kids for an educational hike, find some moms who want to exercise or enjoy a leisurely stroll through the beautiful canyon! Anyway you choose, we hope you join us!
View Larger Map